We're recruiting - Payroll Officer
Aperture Debt Solutions LLP is a long-standing, market leading personal insolvency specialist that has provided thousands of individuals with solutions to problem debt. We believe in making a real difference to people’s lives and our approach is reflected in our values which promote the provision of ‘Caring’, ‘Respectful’, ‘Non-Judgemental’ service and a drive for ‘Excellence’ in everything that we do. Our current client-base is one of the largest in the industry and the business continues to experience significant growth. The business, with headquarters in Belfast, is now seeking to recruit an individual who shares our vison, believes in our values and can produce high quality work in a fast-paced and target-driven environment.
The payroll officer will be required to deliver a payroll service for 200+ employees each month ensuring accuracy and efficiency at all times.
- Administration of all aspects of the payroll function to ensure that all staff are paid correctly and on time
- Process new starts, leavers and employee transfers
- Responsibility for the right to work documents
- Ensure that all sickness and absence records and reports are effectively and efficiently actioned on the payroll system
- Ensure that all pension administration, including auto enrolment processes and submissions to our pension provider are accurate and carried out in a timely manner
- Process employee monthly expenses
- Ensure that all statutory payments (SMP, SPP, SSP) are calculated correctly
- Preparation and submission of payroll BACS run
- Ensure that all FPS and EPS returns are made to HMRC in an accurate and timely manner
- Liaise with HMRC, other statutory bodies and external stakeholders as and when required
- Keep up to date with regulations relating to payroll and pension issues
- Reconcile all payroll control accounts on a monthly basis from the payroll system to the finance general ledgers
- Provide supporting information for annual budget preparation, financial and management accounts preparation and statistical returns
- Perform year end procedure for payroll including being responsible for all reporting requirements
- Support the finance department
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to prioritise, remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good analytical and numeracy skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a Payroll processing role
- Previous experience using Sage Payroll (or a similar payroll package) for end to end payroll processing
- Experience administering Pensions including auto enrolment
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and Word
- A Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) qualification
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced Finance Department
- Results Driven
- Client Focused
- Analytical Skills
Salary & Benefits
A very competitive package will be offered, with a comprehensive benefits’ package to include Private Healthcare, Company Pension Scheme, a 37.5 hour work week, 24 days’ holiday per year increasing to 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays, plus the option to purchase 1 additional week’s holiday, Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, Income Protection after 1 year service, Employee Assistance Programme, Travel Season Ticket Loan, employees events, dress down Friday’s, and free tea / coffee every day.
If this sounds like a perfect fit, please forward your CV, along with the monitoring form (link below) to HR@aperture.uk.com. Your CV should include your National Insurance Number and outline how you meet each of the above criteria.
We are often unable to interview all applicants holding minimum requirements. In these circumstances the Panel is likely to enhance the level of qualification and/or experience required, inviting only those meeting the higher standard to interview.
Closing Date: 16 December 2018
Aperture are an Equal Opportunities Employer.